Chocolate & Cranberry Brownies
What you’ll need
For the brownies:
- 2oz plain unsweetened chocolate
- 4oz butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8oz caster sugar
- 2oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3oz cranberries
- Rectangular baking tin
- Mixing bowl
- Greaseproof paper
How to bake Chocolate & Cranberry Brownies
- Preheat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4
- Melt the butter and chocolate slowly in a pan stirring slowly with wooden spoon.
- While it’s melting, mix the flour, eggs, sugar, baking powder, salt and cranberries together in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the butter and chocolate mixture and mix together to a smooth consistency.
- Line brownie tin with greaseproof paper, making sure there’s a large lip of paper round the tin.
- Put mixture in tin and place in oven. Bake for 30 mins. Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
To celebrate the arrival of Caketober, theEword’s Daniel Nolan and Samantha Bell headed over to Forever Manchester HQ to chat all things fancy dress and fondant fancy!More»
Each year, Caketober raises money for Forever Manchester but what is Forever Manchester and who does it set out to help?More»
Find out how you can help raise money to support Forever Manchester for Caketober. On your marks, get set, bake!More»
This delicious tea loaf is excellent served on its own or slathered in butter. Mmmmm!View Recipe»