Double Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- 125g bourbon biscuits
- 125g pecan, almond and raisin mix
- 125g melted butter
- 900g full-fat cream cheese
- 200g 70% cocoa solid chocolate
- 75g cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 225g 70% cocoa solid chocolate
- 250ml double cream
- 25g butter
Method on making Double Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- Crush the bourbon biscuits and add the butter,mix in the cereal. Press into a 225mm spring-sided tin.
- Place the 200g of chocolate in a bowl over barely simmering water (make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl) until melted.
- Pulse the cheese and sugar in a processor until smooth.
- Add the eggs, then the cocoa and chocolate.
- Spoon onto the base and cook at 175°C (350°F, gas mark 4) for about 1 hr until springy to the touch. Allow to cool before turning out and topping with big chopped or grated bits of chocolate and dusting with cocoa.
- Make a sauce by melting the chocolate and cream over another bowl, when melted whisk in the butter. Serve the sauce immediately as it won’t re-heat.
- Serve a slab of this in the middle of a massive white plate with a big spoonful of sauce, a dollop of clotted cream and dust the edge with cocoa, then wait for the magic to work!
To celebrate the arrival of Caketober, theEword’s Daniel Nolan and Samantha Bell headed over to Forever Manchester HQ to chat all things fancy dress and fondant fancy!More»
Each year, Caketober raises money for Forever Manchester but what is Forever Manchester and who does it set out to help?More»
Find out how you can help raise money to support Forever Manchester for Caketober. On your marks, get set, bake!More»
This delicious tea loaf is excellent served on its own or slathered in butter. Mmmmm!View Recipe»