Moist Banana Cupcakes
What you’ll need
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/8 cups of self-rising flour
- 60ml milk
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake cases
How to bake Moist Banana Cupcakes
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunchy topping if liked.
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35/40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
To celebrate the arrival of Caketober, theEword’s Daniel Nolan and Samantha Bell headed over to Forever Manchester HQ to chat all things fancy dress and fondant fancy!More»
Each year, Caketober raises money for Forever Manchester but what is Forever Manchester and who does it set out to help?More»
Find out how you can help raise money to support Forever Manchester for Caketober. On your marks, get set, bake!More»
This delicious tea loaf is excellent served on its own or slathered in butter. Mmmmm!View Recipe»