Superfast, Spooky Pumpkin Scones
What you’ll need
- 15g margarine, (dairy free margarines like Pure Sunflower or Vitalite) at room temperature
- 100g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 250g mashed pumpkin
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
How to bake Spooky Pumpkin Scones
Prep: 15min › Cook: 10min › Ready in: 25min
- First stop: oven. Preheat your oven to 220°C / Gas 7 so it’s the perfect temperature once your scones are ready to go in. While you’re at it, line a baking tray with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Now you’re ready to start mixing. Beat together the butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg, then add the mashed pumpkin and stir in the flour.
- The mixture should now be a sticky dough. Turn this out onto a floured board. As the dough is sticky, flour your hands or rolling pin.
- Do not overwork the dough. Press or roll out to a 3cm thickness. Cut into the shape you require (round or triangles) and place onto prepared baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
To celebrate the arrival of Caketober, theEword’s Daniel Nolan and Samantha Bell headed over to Forever Manchester HQ to chat all things fancy dress and fondant fancy!More»
Each year, Caketober raises money for Forever Manchester but what is Forever Manchester and who does it set out to help?More»
Find out how you can help raise money to support Forever Manchester for Caketober. On your marks, get set, bake!More»
This delicious tea loaf is excellent served on its own or slathered in butter. Mmmmm!View Recipe»