Chocolate & Cranberry Brownies
What you’ll need
For the brownies:
- 2oz plain unsweetened chocolate
- 4oz butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8oz caster sugar
- 2oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3oz cranberries
- Rectangular baking tin
- Mixing bowl
- Greaseproof paper
How to bake Chocolate & Cranberry Brownies
- Preheat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4
- Melt the butter and chocolate slowly in a pan stirring slowly with wooden spoon.
- While it’s melting, mix the flour, eggs, sugar, baking powder, salt and cranberries together in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the butter and chocolate mixture and mix together to a smooth consistency.
- Line brownie tin with greaseproof paper, making sure there’s a large lip of paper round the tin.
- Put mixture in tin and place in oven. Bake for 30 mins. Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
From the hottest wings in the world to an Italian feast, let’s take a look at the best mouth-watering food challenges.More»
To whet your appetite for the great Mancunian bake-off that is Caketober next month, here are some facts and figures about that ultimate indulgence food.More»
We asked the great and good of Manchester to take on the Pie Face challenge for Caketober, while answering some […]More»