Moist Banana Cupcakes
What you’ll need
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/8 cups of self-rising flour
- 60ml milk
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake cases
How to bake Moist Banana Cupcakes
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunchy topping if liked.
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35/40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
From the hottest wings in the world to an Italian feast, let’s take a look at the best mouth-watering food challenges.More»
To whet your appetite for the great Mancunian bake-off that is Caketober next month, here are some facts and figures about that ultimate indulgence food.More»
We asked the great and good of Manchester to take on the Pie Face challenge for Caketober, while answering some […]More»