Superfast, Spooky Pumpkin Scones
What you’ll need
- 15g margarine, (dairy free margarines like Pure Sunflower or Vitalite) at room temperature
- 100g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 250g mashed pumpkin
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
How to bake Spooky Pumpkin Scones
Prep: 15min › Cook: 10min › Ready in: 25min
- First stop: oven. Preheat your oven to 220°C / Gas 7 so it’s the perfect temperature once your scones are ready to go in. While you’re at it, line a baking tray with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Now you’re ready to start mixing. Beat together the butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg, then add the mashed pumpkin and stir in the flour.
- The mixture should now be a sticky dough. Turn this out onto a floured board. As the dough is sticky, flour your hands or rolling pin.
- Do not overwork the dough. Press or roll out to a 3cm thickness. Cut into the shape you require (round or triangles) and place onto prepared baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
From the hottest wings in the world to an Italian feast, let’s take a look at the best mouth-watering food challenges.More»
To whet your appetite for the great Mancunian bake-off that is Caketober next month, here are some facts and figures about that ultimate indulgence food.More»
We asked the great and good of Manchester to take on the Pie Face challenge for Caketober, while answering some […]More»